Re: [Savannah-hackers] Download area/hosting on freesoftware.fsf.org

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Download area/hosting on freesoftware.fsf.org
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:23:14 +0100

 || On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:53:54 +0100
 || mathieu <address@hidden> wrote:

 m> guest.fsf.org would also do the job and be shorter.

 m> www.guest-projects.fsf.org is a bit long.
 m> www.guest.projects.fsf.org is shorter.

This is slightly confusing, I have to admit.

 m> BTW, it could be better if guest... could work without the www
 m> prefix.

I agree. Personally I don't like the "www" prefixes too much myself.

So what about using

   guest-projects.fsf.org

as the hosting domain for savannah projects? That would even be
shorter than the old one and also avoid creating misunderstandings
while preserving the advantage of making it reasonably clear who
donates the resources.

Would this be acceptable for everyone? Would the savannah-hackers be
willing to implement that?

Regards,
Georg

--