Re: [Savannah-hackers] Download area/hosting on freesoftware.fsf.org

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Download area/hosting on freesoftware.fsf.org
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:54:16 +0100

Le mer 06 mar 2002 à 13h32, Karin Kosina a écrit :

### Georg C. F. Greve [Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 01:23:14PM +0100]
>    guest-projects.fsf.org

Don't you think that

  hosted-projects.fsf.org

would be better? To my mind, "guest" implies something temporary... as
if they were here today, but probably gone tomorrow. "hosted" feels
more
like we are providing are service for them (which we do).

Personaly, I prefer the "guest" idea.
To me, "guest" implies a relation like friendship, or philosophical brotherhood, beetwen FSF and Free Software projects. Instead of that, to my mind, "hosted" let think about hotel, motel - There's no relation between an hotel and his customer but the money...

(But English is not my mother tongue)

--
mathieu

  ] les brevets, protection de l'innovation ?
  ] http://petition.eurolinux.org