Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Help wanted (sysadmin work)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Help wanted (sysadmin work)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:06:33 -0400

    How do I distinguish between GNU and non-GNU software, just given the
    software? In other words, do GNU people mark those pieces of software,
    that the agreed upon to be a GNU software?

Interesting question.  The answer is, the package should say it is a
GNU package in the README and manual, but you can always look in the
Free Software Directory to be really sure.

I will add that information to categories.html.  Thanks for bringing
it up.