running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode

From: Christopher Brannon
Subject: running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 08:32:46 -0500

Steve Holmes <steve.holmes88 at gmail.com> writes:

> When I built the package in the Arch User Repository, I didn't really
> do anything special.  Since in Arch, if you want the thing to come up
> automatically, the user is expected to add the startup script
> invokation to the DAEMONS array in /etc/rc.conf.

Your startup script doesn't quite work anymore.
It could, if you're willing to configure Speech Dispatcher and its
associated clients to use TCP/IP sockets.  That is straightforward
these days.  I can explain the process in another mail to the list, if
people are interested.
But the point is that it isn't really easy to run it as a
system-wide service anymore.

-- Chris