running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:51:23 +0200

On 6.10.2010 10:50, Halim Sahin wrote:
>> Trev, we need to care. If major distributions use this, our
>> users use this, and they are whom we do it for.
>>

> I think you should care about complete a11y console plus desktop.
> Ubuntu != linux a11y.

Yes, exactly. I was saying that if we care for linux accessibility,
we need to care about Ubuntu and Fedora too.

> They moved to pulseaudio (and the knew that a11y will be broken) in
> these releases. Pulseaudio maintainer is the same person who is
> responsible for a11y in ubuntu.

And a long-term Speech Dispatcher contributor.

>>> There are some clients like brltty which as Samuel has already
>>>    explained to you _can't_ work this way.
>>>
>> This is simply not true.
>>
> Well what's true? Please describe howto use it or better provide a
> working alternative.

I've described before. BrlTTY can be made to work
in a model that works in Ubuntu or Fedora too.
We just need to setup a roadmap for that and then
do something about it. Sorry for the inconvenience,
but please have a little patience.

> BTW.: speechd-el != Screenreader!

Definitely not, it is an application reader.

Best regards,
Hynek Hanke