running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:50:01 +0200

Hi,
On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 10:29:37AM +0200, Hynek Hanke wrote:
> On 5.10.2010 19:16, Trevor Saunders wrote:
> > what?  I don't really care, and have never looked into ubuntu's issues
> > with pulse
>
> Trev, we need to care. If major distributions use this, our
> users use this, and they are whom we do it for.

I think you should care about complete a11y console plus desktop.
Ubuntu != linux a11y.
They moved to pulseaudio (and the knew that a11y will be broken) in
these releases. Pulseaudio maintainer is the same person who is
responsible for a11y in ubuntu.

> > There are some clients like brltty which as Samuel has already
> >   explained to you _can't_ work this way.
>
> This is simply not true.

Well what's true? Please describe howto use it or better provide a
working alternative.
BTW.: speechd-el != Screenreader!

Regards
halim