running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:29:37 +0200

On 5.10.2010 19:16, Trevor Saunders wrote:
> I think all we need to do however is bring over the option, and may be
> another command line option or two from opentts to make this work
> correctly.

  1) Configure Speech Dispatcher to use inet_sockets
  2) Have a correct /etc/init.d script
  3) Have clients run in environment where SPEECHD_ADDRESS
      is correctly set.

This is available already. Which other options do you have
in mind?

> what?  I don't really care, and have never looked into ubuntu's issues
> with pulse

Trev, we need to care. If major distributions use this, our
users use this, and they are whom we do it for.

> There are some clients like brltty which as Samuel has already
>   explained to you _can't_ work this way.

This is simply not true.

Best regards,
Hynek Hanke