running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: running speech-dispatcher-0.7.1 in system mode
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 19:02:34 +0200

Dne 11.10.2010 18:50, Steve Holmes napsal(a):
> Also we have a /etc/profile.d directory where a file could be
> placed to specify environment variables as this directory gets polled
> every time /etc/profile gets executed.  From my experience so far
> though, these profiles are usually set up when  the package is
> installed, not at execution time.  But this difference could be worked
> out since only this package would have control over the file in
> /etc/profile.d.

Yes, the files are usually static, but I think it is perfectly legal to include
dynamic code there as William just suggested and set the variable only after
checking,
that the global instance is running.

By the way, as the setup in different cases is not trivial (not by Speech
Dispatcher's
fault), it would be great if people who manage to make a certain setup working
took
notes and shared them, so that we would be able to have some sort of
documentation and
recommendation for packagers.

Best regards, Tomas