[XBoard-devel] Final (?) installer

From: h.g. muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Final (?) installer
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:14:16 +0200

I put the installer, in which I already incorporated some of the feedback I received from testers,
on my webite as http://home.hccnet.nl/h.g.muller/WinBoard-4.4.0beta2.exe .

This now does contain the WinBoard version that we plan to release.
I also fixed some imperfections in Smirfoglot, Polyglot, and some missing quotes
in winboard.ini.

The uninstaller does not uninstall itself? (Unless you ask for forceful removal).
Is that normal? (I guess you cannot delete it while it is running).

On other thing that seems fishy. Lately my WLAN connection seems to timeout
after some inactivity. A new IE web access then pops up a window to ask me if I want to work off-line or retry. Now when I install, this popup is triggered from one of the IE I have usually open (in the background, so I only notice it as the icon on the taskbar turning orange), and then the install hangs until I answer the question.
This always happens when it gets to installing the fonts.

Why would installing the fonts trigger an internet access? Is this normal or does
it mean there is a virus in the installer?