Re: [XBoard-devel] File-association problem (partly) solved?

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] File-association problem (partly) solved?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 23:00:00 +0200

It seems the installer leaves orphan entries in the start menu after uninstall,
on Vista x64. (All menus items it made, in fact). Strange thing is that the
4.2.7b installer is said not to do that. While we are basically using the same
script for this. Did the NSIS software change since then?

I have no acces to 64-bit Vista systems, so I cannot debug this.

I posted a new version of the installer on my website now, where I changed some
settings in the winboard.ini file (which still referenced the old Pulsar version)
and fixed a Polyglot bug. I also changed the install script to give Pulsar
smaller hash in the menu shortcut. (With 130MB it was a bit memory greedy.)

In the mean time I have also prepared an install for the JAWS version. (Much
smaller, as the blind need no bitmaps, fonts etc., and in general are not so
interested in comp-comp games (so no TM), or even engines.