[XBoard-devel] File-association problem (partly) solved?

From: h.g. muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] File-association problem (partly) solved?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:52:49 +0200

It turned out the section making the associations did not have the extra
WinBoard folder in the path name to winboard.exe. I had not looked at this,
because (for no clear reason) thought this was already done.
Now the association seems to be made; when I click a PGN file WB 4.4.0
is started.

There is one problem, though: The default icon is not recognized if the PGN
extension is not in capitals. Since I always save game.pgn in lowe case,
it means I don't get to see the DefaultIcon. As soon as there is one capital in
it, I see the icon (Pgn, pGn or pgN). Otherwise I get the same icon as I see
for files without extension. (A sheet of paper with a small window drawn in it).