Re: [avr-chat] LCD corruption

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] LCD corruption
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:55:16 +0530

Hello,

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:13:46 +0530, Andy Warner <address@hidden> wrote:

Royce Pereira wrote:
Hi all,
I have a m8535 board which drives a relay card. Now there are some 220VAC
solenoid valves switched by the relays.

My problem is that when the valves are connected, the LCD gets corrupted
when the valves switch on.
[...]

What kind of LCD display is it ?

It's a 16x2 garden variety Alphanumeric LCD(large characters)

How is it connected to the 8535 ?

It is connected directly to the port pins of the 8535. No cable is used. The 8535 is on the component side, while the LCD is pressed into a SIP socket on the solder side & screwed down too.
The CPU supply & LCD supply are the same.

If this is on a PCB - can you post a jpg/pdf of the board layout ?

It's a double sided plated thru PCB. So I'll have to send 3 files(top, bottom, & silkscreen) for anyone to follow what's happening. If you are inclined, I could still send it to you.

Thanks,
--Royce.