Re: [avr-chat] LCD corruption

From: Andy Warner
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] LCD corruption
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:29:20 -0500

Royce Pereira wrote:
> [...]
> I'm using my LCD in 4 bit mode- is this mode more susceptible to noise?

How are the remaining 4 data lines terminated ?

> I think I'll try adding 10n (or less) capacitors from each of the LCD pins
> to gnd. Any comments on this would be helpful..

Doubtful, IMHO.

A couple of extra questions - you said the problem only occurs
when the 220V side of the relays is active ? Without 220V,
energising the relays results in no corruption ?

Have you tried switching a non-inductive 220V load instead
of the solenoids ?

Without knowing more of your design, you might want to try and isolate
whether the problem is on your board (feel free to post a url to pdfs
of the layout), or back through the power supply ?
--
address@hidden

Andy Warner             Voice: (612) 801-8549   Fax: (208) 575-5634