RE: [avr-chat] LCD corruption

From: Spencer Hollingum
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] LCD corruption
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:46:49 +0100

Royce,

I have seen some COG( Chip on Glass) LCDs which were very susceptible to
radiated noise, no matter what HW solutions were tried. The only solution in
the end was to read back the data in the LCD and rewrite it if it was wrong.
Theoretically even this is not guaranteed to work, as one of the mode
registers could get corrupted, which can't be read. In practice it seems to
work , possibly because the data memory always gets corrupted.

Good luck

Spencer