Re: ns-do-applescript

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: ns-do-applescript
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 17:12:00 +0530

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> If such a feature lands by mistake, our policy is to remove it until it
> is also available on a free system.  That has happened many times, most
> recently with "tabbed windows" and color fonts on macOS.

There is one more feature that is available on MacOS but not available
for GNU/Linux users.

The feature is EUDC’s support for Mac OS’s address book. Other backends
supported by EUDC are - bbdb and LDAP. bbdb is Emacs specific address
book but it is not shipped with Emacs and LDAP is too much of a
configuration for a Desktop user.