Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003

From: Adam Bower
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 18:38:42 +0100

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 03:35:02PM +0100, North London John wrote:

> Would it be possible to do cd-roms with Free Software (Mozilla,
> OpenOffice, Knoppix) and Free writings? Demonstrate our principles as
> well as talk about them.

I have just downloaded GnuWin II http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/ it sounds good but I
have not tried it yet, but have a windows box close by. This may be a good
place to start with the evangelising by giving away free software.

Knoppix may be all pretty and nice to demonstrate linux running a desktop to
people but I doubt many people are going to be interested in installing or
booting an OS to try free software (based on their experiences of "the next big
thing") as compared to running software inside of their nice safe Windows
world.

Adam
--
jabberid = address@hidden