Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:04:11 +0100

I don't believe it would be appropriate for AFFS to have an official
presence at this event.

To attract a wide membership we need to be seen as non-political.
Attending specific political events would create an impression that we
are not.

I don't have a problem if individuals want to promote free software
within their own political parties, but that's something which should
be done independently of AFFS.

regards,

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd             Phone: +44 (0)117 3179309
15 Royal Park                    Fax: +44 (0)117 9048108
Bristol BS8 3AL                  WWW: http://www.network-theory.co.uk/
United Kingdom                 Email: address@hidden