Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003

From: Mike Taylor
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 11:45:19 +0100

> Date: 16 May 2003 20:07:00 +0100
> From: Alex Hudson <address@hidden>
>
> On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 19:37, Timothy Baldwin wrote:
> > Marxism 2003 is an annual conference, of about 5000-6000 left wing
> > political activists. It is held in and around the University of
> > London, and this year runs from the afternoon Friday 4th June to
> > the afternoon Friday 11th June.  All parts of the political
> > spectrum from the Labour left leftwards are represented.

I went to check my diary to see whether I could possibly pitch in to
an AFFS effort at this conference, only to find that the 4th and 11th
of June this year are Wednesdays, not Fridays.  What's going on?
Which are the real dates?

> This is probably doable - although as you say, the majority of the
> talks appear to be about geopolitics. That's not to say that it
> might not be interesting for them though - I would have thought the
> concept of intellectual property rights would have been of huge
> interest to them, for example.

Yes indeed.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <address@hidden>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "You can also join us online at www.msnbc.com.  You know,
         I'm always afraid I'm going to say too many Ws." -- NBC news
         anchorman Tom Brokaw.