Re: [glob2-devel] why the big hurry to make release candidate official?

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] why the big hurry to make release candidate official?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:16:29 +1200

My concern is not with the procedure.  My concern is with the duration
of the procedure.  2 days between making the release candidate and the
official release is very short.  1 week would be better.

There are several reasons why this is being rushed:
* I successfully compiled on Windows, which is a very temperamental system so many Linux should have no problem
* I created packages for windows and Mandriva, both of which I have installed and played a good game with, so game play works mostly
* That repair bug will annoy a lot of people I'm sure. Better to get it fixed fast.
* Nct made the debian package so I assume there wasn't any problems there either.
* The switch to Mercurial would be better sooner than later, so making alpha 23 then freezing CVS would be good.

Overall, I feel the game is ready for the release, and that waiting a week would only have minor reports made.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/