Re: Design Decisions and Hurd/L4 work (was: Re: Improving Hurd)

From: Jan Atle Ramsli
Subject: Re: Design Decisions and Hurd/L4 work (was: Re: Improving Hurd)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:20:12 +0200

Jeroen Dekkers wrote:

> This is just my hobby. I learned everything with some information from
> the internet and reading a lot of code. I don't think you need to know
> everything for 100%, you just need to know that much to get the job
> done in a right way.

You are pointing out something important: That we are individuals, and
that works for one, may not work for another, etc.
I have gotten some private mail about this, too, and I now have pointers
to all the background stuff I need, all the source I need, a request for
put this stuff together in informtaion-sequence-order to people can read
it and make sense of it - if I don't do anything with it I will feel bad
for years ...

But I needed this ... others don't.

Some feel quite comfortable treating the system as a puzzle, others must
see the original photo ... I make a BIG point of how confusing this is
to someone familiar with programming, but not this particular kind of
programming.

This is something that just happened ... a difficult idea to grasp for
people like me.

Atle