mediagoblin-userops

Re: [Userops] Free softwar community hosting

From: Jessica Tallon
Subject: Re: [Userops] Free softwar community hosting
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 01:44:52 +0100

Hm of course it’s the reverse that would tie your hands. Apologies it’s 1:45 here in Sweden :)

8 mar 2015 kl. 01:35 skrev Aaron Wolf <address@hidden>:

Signerat PGP-del

On 03/07/2015 03:40 PM, Jessica Tallon wrote:
> Yeah I also agree that the license for Kallithea isn’t great but
> their hands were tied I believe as they took an existing code base
> which was licensed under the GPL.

That doesn't matter at all! The license is the GPLv3 which is
compatible with the AGPLv3. The fact that it is GPLv3 now means that
it is totally possible to license as AGPLv3, so whatever the existing
codebase, the license is not tying their hands. Either the Kallithea
developers don't wish to switch to AGPLv3 or haven't considered it.