mediagoblin-userops

Re: [Userops] Free softwar community hosting

From: Nick Daly
Subject: Re: [Userops] Free softwar community hosting
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 22:11:57 -0500

Jessica Tallon <address@hidden> writes:

> You nailed the reason why. The issue tracker currently isn’t just data
> in the git repository that we can take from place to place it’s sat in
> some database on some server that could go down and be lost.

A few years ago, I built "publish" [0] as an experiment to solve this
problem by storing the wiki and issue tracker *in* the repository.  I
figured bugs were in specific repository revisions, so it only made
sense for the issues to be too.  It's a different approach to the
self-hosted project problem (I was trying to host on gitorious and
github at the same time, and wrote my own solution that made it easy to
download the entire repository, wiki, and issue list at once).  It never
amounted to much, but it might give you some neat ideas to think about.

Nick

0: https://github.com/NickDaly/Publish