Re: [Monotone-devel] Summit brainstorming

From: Ethan Blanton
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Summit brainstorming
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:04:58 -0400

Christof Petig spake unto us the following wisdom:
> - a cvs server process against a monotone database (if there's _any_
> benefit)

This is an interesting suggestion; I assume you mean a monotone
"server" process which serves (perhaps read-only) to a generic cvs
client?  We have discussed providing a tailor'd svn or cvs server for
Gaim (should we switch to monotone) for this very purpose,
particularly in light of the fact that monotone does not yet have
partial pulls.  For my part, though, as long as the server is
read-only, I'm not sure what a dedicated solution serves over the
tailor solution.  If the server isn't read-only, I'm not sure what the
semantics become...

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.