Re: [Monotone-devel] Summit brainstorming

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Summit brainstorming
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 23:37:19 +0200

Hello Dirk,

Dirk Hillbrecht wrote:
I can offer office rooms in the city center of Hannover (5 min by foot
from main station) with LAN (2 MBit/s in both directions)/WLAN and
enough place for about 10 people. However, our office facilities
themselves are not really sufficient for staying there over night. There
is a number of hotels around it, however, and I can check the price for
them.

that's a great offer, I think. And for sleeping... I normally prefer bedrooms over offices ;-) but I'm sure most of us can afford a cheap hotel for 2-3 nights.

Note regarding time: to me it currently looks more like a long weekend event, where we meet, talk and code. I don't think a week long event is possible nor good for monotone.

If you feel that the internet connection could be a bottleneck - I know
that we could speed it up to 6 MBit/s technically. I have to investigate
whether our provider did this for a reasonable price, however. Hm,
perhaps in a sponsoring-kind of way...

I don't think that would be necessary.

For me as "cantamen", it's clear that we do not want to make any money
out of this. Otherwise, we cannot spend huge amounts of money, either.
It would simply be great to give you guys an opportunity to increase the
quality of of the great monotone even further - even though we are still
in the process of designing the switch to it from our current in-house
CVS setup...

I could surely help WRT CVS import. What special in-house setup did you arrange? Do you have huge, hand edited repositories? Grrrooaaaarrrrr! I've somehow fallen in love with especially wicked CVS Repos ;-)

Regards

Markus