Re: [glob2-devel] Revive Glob2 with a kickstarter

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Revive Glob2 with a kickstarter
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 01:40:14 -0300

I agree that open source would be much preferred over some closed source for
profit "indie game" although I wouldn't resist to make lots of money if such a
closed source project asked me to take parts of the huge venture capital.

A server-client solution with a closed source server would be the worst of all
solutions I would say.

When it comes to partially monetizing on the project I guess Android would be
the best choice. The game could be open source but people would still pay for it
(or compile it themselves or use the less maintained fork). I wouldn't be too
eager to make a huge profit but I'm open for whatever others make of this. I
would just not donate towards some closed source expensive indie game.